Friday, March 1, 2013

Welcome to the new blog!


Welcome to the new blog! If you're familiar with the old one, this one will be a sinch to navigate. If you're not familiar with the old one, this one will still be a sinch to navigate. While for all intents and purposes, this is still the Bolts of Thunder blog (not competing with our last one, just picking up where it left off, which was somewhere in left field as I recall...), this blog is specifically meant to chronicle the epic filming and making of our next venture, Bolts of Thunder 4. Also, just to let you know, Bolts of Thunder 4 is not the official title of the video. That is undecided, but it will be the 4th video of the trilogy. That's right, a trilogy with 4 members. Try to wrap your mind around that one.

So in this, our first post, let me introduce myself. I'm Jon, and I'll be the voice in your head as you read this blog. I'm 28, I have green eyes, I like to skateboard, and I have never successfully juggled anything in my life. Actually, I will say that I love to skateboard. That's right. Love. I've been skating almost every day since I was 12 years old, and I love it now more than ever. I can't think of anything else to say, so I'm going to stop now. But here's some cool news, I got a photo in SLUG! Weston Colton took the picture and did a little write up on it, and you can see it here:

http://www.slugmag.com/articles/4251/Photo-Feature-Jon-Hart.html

But while we're here, I put the picture up at the top of this post, and here's what Weston had to say:

In rural Utah, where I grew up, winter meant a nearly three month skating hiatus. There were no parking garages or indoor ramps to skate. We would just hope the church parking lot dried up enough to pull out our flat bars and boxes, and we’d skate the snow gaps. Recently, winters seem to have gotten mellower. I don’t recall a winter this cold and snowy in at least a decade. Shoveling a spot to skate in sub-freezing weather shows dedication, and Bolts of Thunder founder Jon Hart is one of the most dedicated people I know.

1 comment: