Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Inspiring Dave


This picture is already at the bottom of the blog, and it's a permanent picture that will always be there. But I wanted to put it up again. I think of it as a source of inspiration whenever I'm in the middle of trying a trick that I don't want to do. I should do it anyway. Dave was not one to try and trick and give up. I can think of 4 tricks that I've ever seen him try and not land. One of them was the kinked rail that he almost killed himself on and had to stop when he couldn't breathe or move his legs anymore. One of them was a 5-0 on the hospital hubba, and he kept trying even after hitting his head a couple good times on it. He only stopped when the security guard threatened legal action on us. The third trick was a 360 flip over a gap, and he tried that until he couldn't walk anymore and the sun was completely down. The fourth is when he tried to ollie this gap, ended up losing his mind because this family sat down to eat yogurt in part of his runway, and he ended up smashing his board on a wall, and breaking it over his head. It was classic Dave. But other than that, I've seen Dave nearly kill himself on a number of other tricks and keep trying them regardless until he landed them. This gap up above gave him some of the worst heel bruises I've ever witnessed, and he kept trying it until he rode away. So there are a lot of times when I'm in the middle of a trick, and I'd just rather give up, but I remember that Dave wouldn't have it, and I try to keep going for it. And thus, this picture stands as a source of true Bolts of Thunder inspiration.

No comments:

Post a Comment