Tuesday, August 27, 2013

The End



If there's anything I've learned from Seinfeld, which, I assure you, I have learned plenty, good showmanship is going out on a high note. With our fourth video having just come out and being the huge hit that it is, I can't think of a higher note to end on. That's right, boys and girls, the Bolts of Thunder blogging saga is coming to an end. You've been seeing it come for some time now. You've sensed that I've been a little distant, not writing all that often and what not. And when I am with you on this blog, my mind is somewhere else. It's not right for me to keep you up at night, wondering if I'm going to write that day or not, and it's not right for me to not dedicate everything I have to you. So if I can't give you my whole self, then I'm going to do the hard, but proper thing to do, and call off this whole operation. As of this post, I am officially turning in my resignation as Bolts of Thunder blog writer. Having survived the birth of my first born, the wrapping up of Bolts of Thunder 4, moving out of Provo to Brigham City then a week later making the trek across the entire country to Vermont and now being full swing into classes at a highly esteemed law school (I'm not becoming a lawyer. I'm getting my master's degree in energy regulation. I make that known for reputation purposes. If it's unclear as to what I mean, then call me. We'll talk. My lawyer is advising me against saying anything about lawyers on this blog. I'm moving on...), I really don't have time or energy to write on this blog. I think I just ate an ant that was trapped in my crepe... it was surprisingly crunchy... Anyway, I don't have it in me anymore to write on the blog every day, and if I'm not going to give it all I've got, I consider it a disservice to my fellow Thunder Bolts to lead you on.

I'm sorry if you actually did come to the blog looking for entertainment. If so, I advise you to go to the first post of the first blog and reread the entire saga. You're in for some great stories if you do, and you'll still have plenty of reading ahead of you. I will miss writing, and I hope that you can find something positive to fill the void my absence has created in your life...

I would like to end my Bolts of Thunder blog writing days by saying that there are so many problems in the world, and there are a lot of people making them worse. Don't be the guy that makes them worse, but be the guy that makes them better. Be nice to people. Be a real friend and a good friend, and try to help others in any way possible. If you're genuine in how you treat others, you'll be a lot happier, and you'll make others happier to. I hope people remember me as a good friend and a good person, not because I want others to look up to me, but because I sincerely want to be a good influence in other people's lives. With that said, be a good person, be good to others, and try to make solutions to problems rather than being their cause. I shall write no more forever...

6 comments:

  1. Thanks Jon. that was a great word to end on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It may be the pregnancy hormones talking, but I'm teary eyed right now...

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is the end of an era. I'm really going to miss it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Jon for all of the entertaining writing you did on the blog. It was always the highlight of countless hours dedicated to internet surfing. And thanks to all the homies that skated with us and helped to make the videos so much fun

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck at law school! Thanks for all youve done to keep the bolts of thunder machine up and running! RIP bolts of thunder blog!

    ReplyDelete